This week Mother Laura at RGBP posted a set of memory joggers related to a day at the beach. So here goes!
1. Ocean rocks, lake limps? Vice versa? Or "it's all beautiful in its own way"? When I was a girl we used to go to Asilomar near Monterey, California every year in October. I fondly remember looking in tide pools for anemones and other creachers. I loved the beach in the autumn! But then again, there are some lovely lake memories from Canada and Colorado! It's all good as long as it's not too hot. (The picture is of Asilomar State Park.)
2. Year round beach living: Heaven...or the Other Place? Really don't like to be very, very hot or sunburned. So the beach in August is not my favorite. But I might be willing to reconsider if the commute wasn't too long. I do love the beach in the cold months though.
3. Any beach plans for this summer? I'd really love to take the Chick to the Jersey Shore a few times this summer.
4. Best beach memory ever? See number one above. Also, Corpus Christi on a weekend break from CPE, Cocoa Beach with my extended family, Nice with waiters bringing Mademoiselle a gin and tonic, Delawanna in Canada with my family... too many to choose.
5. Fantasy beach trip? Open the door and there it is! That would be the fantasy. No long drives. No flies. No dead fish like you sometimes get at Lake Michigan. Not too hot. And right outside the door. Oh! And maybe the French waiter stops by every so often.