Christ is with us at this time of advent, in the darkness, and Christ is coming with his light- not the light of the shopping centre, but the light of love and truth and beauty. What do you long for this advent? What are your hopes and dreams for the future? What is your prayer today?
In the vein of simplicity we've been asked to list five advent longings. And I have to admit this is a tricky list to make. Do you wish for the big things for the whole world? Or the smaller thinks for your corner of the neighborhood? I did a little of each.
- Less arguing. Not just peace for the world but peace in our daily lives.
- More wishes that we all have "a blessed day". This way of saying farewell was new to me when I came to Philadelphia. But there are a lot of church people who rather than saying "Have a good day," when they leave a place or just saying "Good bye" use this phrase instead. It is always a blessing to me when I receive these words. I only wish it was said more often and by more people.
- People reading the Bible and knowing how much they are loved by God.
- A personal wish for some quiet time for rest, relaxation and reflection.
- A deeper appreciation for all that God does, has done and will do in my life. Sometimes I just need to be reminded to stop and give thanks.
So that's my list! The artwork is by Roger Hutchinson. Hope you have a Happy Advent and a blessed day.