What did I miss?

Monday, October 01, 2007

Oh dear..... now what?


So Britney has to surrender the kids to her ex-husband. I must admit, I am not a big Britney fan, but I feel bad for these kids and all those who love them. These photos are going to follow these boys around for a very long time.

What bothers me the most is that this is a top news story. I don't really need to know the ins and outs of Britney and Federline's legal actions. I don't need to know if the latest 12 step program was successful. I don't want to know that Britney has issues with her employees.

I wonder if I would care more if I liked her music more. I'm not sure. I do know that it seems like People magazine has been less fun to read since so much ink is dedicated to Paris, Lindsay and Britney. I'd like to read about some older people.... Older people who don't carry lap dogs around in their purses. Older people who are relatively healthy. Older people, you know, ones born before 1980!

Sigh....

4 comments:

John Shuck said...

Welcome to RGBP! So glad you are here!

LoieJ said...

Those photographers and writers are paid too much for doing too little. They should get paid pastor's salaries and they'd quit their jobs.

will smama said...

I agree that this should not be front page news... or even back page news.

I couldn't comment this on my own blog because my Mom reads it, but I know what you mean about a parent's support for a tattoo taking some of the fun out of it. My Mom even offered to go with me and I totally get and appreciate her support, but somehow the 'rebellion' factor is very much missing if your Mommy comes with you to the tattoo parlor.

DogBlogger said...

Welcome to RevGals... as a welcome present, I tagged you for a meme over at my blog!