What did I miss?

Friday, July 26, 2013

Investing in the Future

in·vest·ment     noun       /inˈves(t)mənt/
  1. The action or process of investing money for profit or material result.
  2. A thing that is worth buying because it may be profitable or useful in the future.
Over the last eight years, many of us have invested in the RevGalBlogPals.  Not with anything so mundane as money.  Instead people have participated in this ministry by giving their time, their words, their dreams and their passions.  They have done it willingly, earnestly and at times with a sense of desperation, knowing that if they couldn’t speak those words somewhere they might just break apart into a million pieces.
RevGals gathered for a celebration, RevHRod at 11 o'clock.
The shared value of writing and reading has been incredible.  We have laughed and listened.  Cried and crowed.  We have blessed and prayed and cheered each other on.  The return on our investment has been tangible, for as Anna Quindlen has said in her book How Reading Changed My Life, “I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own. I learned who I was and who I wanted to be, what I might aspire to, and what I might dare to dream about my world and myself.”

Now the time has come to step up our investment. RevGalBlogPals is ready to grow in some new directions, but in order for that to happen we need to generate some income.  A clever dictionary writer has proclaimed that an investment is “a thing that is worth buying because it may be profitable or useful in the future.”  Without question, the RevGals fall under this definition.

For me, the financial contribution I make to RevGalBlogPals is an investment in my mental health.  It’s cheaper than therapy and it’s also tax deductible.  Please consider sharing in this investment and be assured your gift will make a difference.

Please make a donation via PayPal or send a check to:

RevGalBlogPals, Inc.
2101 West Oak Street
Denton, TX 76201

RevGalBlogPals, Inc., is a 501(c)3, and all donations are tax deductible.

No comments: