What did I miss?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gradual School

Gradual school... from a small voice in The World According to Garp.

I used to think about going to Gradual School. But then I would think, "No. I don't need a DMin. No, I don't think I have the umph to do a PhD." But lately, I've been thinking differently. I am dwelling in the middle of the seminary community and I keep wanting to get in on the studying. I have a friend who is determined that I get another degree and pursue teaching. But what would I want to teach? What do I have to say?

Well, today I took a first baby step. More of an inquiry than anything else. We really can't afford for me to get to invested (literally) in Gradual School since Soda Chicky wants to go to college in four years. Her BA trumps my PhD. But we'll see....

2 comments:

LittleSis1 said...

Maybe Soda Chick could look into some scholarships and loans. Nothing to say you couldn't help pay the loans back later. . . Don't let your dreams sit on the back burner because of her (as much as I love her). You need to do what is right for you too.

Unknown said...

thinking of you as you decide. Boy I would be jumping in too if I lived in a Seminary community.