- Chris - during much of the latter part of grade school. He was smart and had a cute smile. By the time he might have noticed me, he moved to a different school.
- Bruce - during the first half of college. He would call me up to tell me about all the sadness he was having with his long distance girlfriend. I can remember being called after 11:00 midweek, pulling the curlers out of my hair, slapping on makeup, putting on clothes and being ready in under ten minutes so that I could have coffee at Denny's with this guy.
- Some tall guy at sem - can't remember his name. Hmmm.... After a disappointing response to a theological question I tossed his way, he became much less attractive.
- The husband - after his mother kept throwing us together, he finally caught on.
4 Pieces of Clothing I wish I still owned (and/or that still fit):
- Dreamy midnight blue strapless that my sister lent me for the "Senior Prom" at seminary. Also known as "the princess dress". I wish this one still fit. I'm thinking my sister wishes the same thing.
- Norwegian cardigan that got lost in transit after internship. Too many boxes. Bad UPS Man. Very bad UPS Man.
- Khaki colored two piece dress that was ruined by a dry cleaner in Tiny Town, Missouri. When I pointed out that they had removed all the color from the dress along with the dirt, they asked me if I still wanted the dress. Very strange!
- My size 7 1/2 shoes. Mommyhood makes your feet a half size bigger, but I still have some of the shoes. Maybe Soda Chicky can wear them?
4 names I’ve been called at one time or another:
- Hildegarde - by my father
- HRod - by friends in my high school art department
- George - by my mother
- Moo-ma - by the Chick
- World famous novelist
- Sous chef
4 Musicians I’d most want to go on a date with:
- Billy Joel - back when we were both younger and cuter. Say 1978.
- James Taylor - most any day of the week.
- Mozart - when we were both single and alive and I'd need a Babel Fish in my ear because I don't speak German.
- Paul Stookey - not for romance but conversation.
4 Foods I’d rather Throw than Eat
- Brussel sprouts - they are really nasty. I don't care what my mother-in-law says, they are vile.
- Deviled eggs. Cannot stand the smell!
- Mashed yucca. Had it at a restaurant. Very strange stuff.
- A runner up: gluten free communion wafers. They are not tasty.
4 Things I Like to Sniff
- The top of Pseudo Grandbaby's head. (With thanks to Luther Punk.) Baby heads are the sweetest things.
- Fresh baked bread
- Brut after shave. It's a Daddy smell from my childhood.