What did I miss?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Q: So what is "mono" Mom?

A: Infectious mononucleosis is a contagious illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus that can affect the liver, lymph nodes, and oral cavity. While mononucleosis is not usually a serious disease, its primary symptoms of fatigue and lack of energy can linger for several months.

Soda Chicky went to the Shore last week with her friend Beach Baby. She came home with a lousy cold and Beach Baby is now home in bed with mono. I have caught Soda Chicky's cold and now I wonder if we are all looking forward to four weeks of fatigue.

I don't have time for fatigue! The Chick has too much homework to get mono right now! I was hoping she'd wait until her freshman year in college to catch this thing!

So for now we'll watch and wait. Chicky hates giving blood so that might keep her from admitting to serious illness... Hmmm.....

2 comments:

Ruth said...

booo

Anonymous said...

I pray that you don't get mono. I know there are different kinds of mono. I got it back in 2000 and I was out of work for 3 months. I was in bed, my parents were feeding me vitamins trying to get me back on my feel. I think I had a very bad case of it. Good luck!