- "When God Made Me" by Neil Young. The refrain has been haunting me for days. The tune is stuck in my head and the words have made for some interesting prayers.
- "The First Cut is the Deepest" by Sheryl Crowe. I love to listen to her best of album on my commute, turned up to a very loud roar. Loud enough to embarrass my daughter.
- "Defying Gravity" from the soundtrack to "Wicked". Also best listened to at a high volume. I first heard this song at a time when I needed to defy some gravity of my own.
- "Popular" from "Wicked." Too much fun! Kristin Chenowith is so good at being perky, annoying and rude in this song.
- Whatever is on "Radio Disney." I tend to listen to a lot of NPR in the car. But when SodaChick gets in the passenger's seat, watch out! It's a lot of bubble gum pop. I don't like it, but I do get to listen to it.
- Whatever SodaChick is playing on her Ipod. I can hear the sound echoing out of her head. And when she sings along- oh my! Not a good thing. But she's happy! Lately we've heard John Lennon's "Imagine" quite a bit.
- Old movie musical songs. This morning it was "Good Morning" from "Singing in the Rain" Last week it was something from "Easter Parade." I love old musicals and the music gets replayed in my head quite a bit.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Seven Song Meme
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to. If you're reading this... consider yourself tagged. Just post a note that you've joined in!